- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 litre of warm water to create a natural all-purpose cleaner. Pour it into a spray bottle and use it to clean countertops, sinks, and appliances.
- Combine baking soda with a small amount of water to make a thick paste. Use it to scrub away stains on sinks, tubs, and tiles. Add a few drops of essential oil for a pleasant scent.
- Place an open container of baking soda in your refrigerator to absorb odours. You can also sprinkle it on carpets and upholstery before vacuuming to freshen them up (add few drops of a Fragrance Oil/ Essential Oil) and leave for as long as possible before vacuuming up.
- Mix baking soda with water to form a paste and spread it inside your oven. Let it sit overnight, then scrub and wipe away the grime.
- Run an empty dishwasher with a cup of baking soda to remove buildup and odours.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it for 2-3 minutes to steam-clean the microwave, making it easier to wipe down.
- Sprinkle baking soda into the toilet bowl, then add vinegar for a foaming action. Scrub and flush to clean and deodorize.
- Pour baking soda down a clogged drain, followed by vinegar. Let it fizz for a while, then flush with hot water to clear the blockage.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and use it to polish tarnished silverware and jewelry.
Stainless Steel Cleaner:
- Sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth and use it to clean and shine stainless steel appliances and sinks.
- Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your laundry as a natural fabric softener and deodorizer. It can also help remove stains.
- Sprinkle baking soda inside shoes to absorb odors.
Carpet Stain Remover:
- Make a paste with baking soda and water, apply it to carpet stains, and let it dry before vacuuming.
- Mix baking soda with water to form a paste and apply it to grout lines. Scrub with a brush to remove dirt and stains.
- Mix a small amount of baking soda with olive oil to create a natural furniture polish.
Pet Odour Remover:
- Sprinkle baking soda on pet bedding and carpets to neutralize odours. Vacuum it up after 15-20 minutes. (be careful with EO and FO additions here)
Garbage Can Deodorizer:
- Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of garbage cans to prevent odors.
- Create a paste with baking soda and water and apply it to rusted metal. Let it sit for a few hours, then scrub away the rust.
Remember to test baking soda in inconspicuous areas, especially on delicate surfaces, to ensure it won’t cause any damage. Baking soda is an effective, eco-friendly, and cost-effective cleaning ingredient for a wide range of cleaning tasks.